- Saw 3 sea turtles on Black Sand Beach. They were huge and gorgeous. I wanted to pet one, but it's illegal too so I didn't.
- We kayaked and snorkeled. It was a beautiful sunny day and there were hundreds of fish! My favorite were the parrotfish. There were hundreds of yellow fish, some beautiful black fish, and we even saw a huge sea star! but it looked like it had spikes and had a bunch of legs so we stayed away from it.
- We made dinner the first night, which was a beef teriyaki stir fry. We used a local vegetable that was similar to a zucchini, but I forgot it's name. It was very good. And the next day one of the guys who works here made burgers for everyone. Mine had blue cheese, bacon, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and avocado. Needless to say it was fantabulous.
- The owner Annie has been very sweet, and helpful during these buggy times of mine. She is parinoid about bugs and quickly evacuated the room and fumigated it. Which was nice to see.
- I figured out my Halloween costume. I'm going to be a water nymph. How? Lots of blue fabric with turtles on it, sequins and light blue chiffon.
- The nurse at the hospital was really cool and he told me to live on Oahu because that's where he moved too when he was 22 (In 1973) and loved it.
- I might have a new place to stay, and if not, I'll be able to explore the island tomorrow with one of my friend's friends.
- Australian boys saved me from the pharmacy.
- The Aussie boys caught a Mahi Mahi fish on their deep sea fishing trip today. They cooked it up tonight with breadcrumbs, basil, hot pepper and we added a bit of lemon juice at the end. IT WAS SOOO GOOD! The best fish I have ever eaten. Hands down.
These two categories have to go together.
- I got either bed bug bites or flea bites. Not sure which, they itch like hell. And some of them are blistered. I have at least 100 bites on my inner elbows, feet, legs, back, shoulder and kind of the collar bone area. They didn't get my butt, which is why I'm now thinking it was fleas.
- Where I got these flea bites from. I have no idea. But there was a bug in my bed when I first got to the hostel, so the owner moved my friends and I to a different room. And these bites turned into welts which swelled up my upper right arm.
- The rental car got into a fender bender. It was parked and some girl hit up the side of it. No one was hurt. But we had to go through a police report. The officer was a bit cute though.
- My friends left for New Zealand/Australia.
- I went to drop off my friends and car at the airport. I asked the Thrifty people about the bus. They said there wasn't a bus. (Luckily we asked some security and they told me one was coming in 20 minutes!)
- I missed the stop for the hospital and had to walk .5 miles.
- I got to the ER, waited, told t hem what was wrong, showed them what was wrong and when I asked the doctor what it might be, he replied, "You should probably wash all your clothes and go somewhere else." I told him I did and got a new room at the hostel. I wanted to tell him to F-off, that I am a poor post graduate who has no money to stay any where else but if he was willing to pay I would love too. I asked again about what the bites came from and avoided answering it. He prescribed some Prenizone and antibiotics. Said I should follow up with another doctor on Oahu since I don't have a primary care here.
- Had to walk 1.5 miles back in the dark on a highway back to the hostel. I ended up twisting my ankle with .25 mile left.
- Have used a lot of anti itch gel and it doesn't help. Trying the cream now. Benadryl capsules work, but they make me sleepy.
- Had to take Benadryl twice last night when I woke up due to said itchiness.
- The antibiotics suppresses my appetite and the steroids increase it. This will be interesting.
- I was told today that I am unable to stay out in the sun for longer than 30 minutes, drink, or swim in the ocean. Kinda wish a blizzard would come to make Hawaii seem like less of a tease.
- I was at the pharmacy for 4 hours waiting for a bus. Mind you, it wasn't in the city, it's on the street next to 5 other shops. The restaurant was closed on Saturdays. I would have walked home, but it takes 3 hours (according to google maps) and I'm not supposed to be out in the sun for long periods of time.
- As the Aussie boys picked me up and drove off, the bus came by.
- Did I mention that I CANT FUCKING STOP SCRATCHING!!!!???
- And I have to pee all the time from the Prenizone.
- The other hostel in the area has bed bugs too. :(
- And I think I killed them all but I can't be certain.
As Tom so kindly put it, "At least you have food."
My hunger better stop suppressing itself or I won't have anything, besides Hawaii.
So that's my vent. A lot of you have heard it. I'm attempting to make the best out of it, but I leave the second of Nov and I still have nowhere to sleep for tomorrow or the next 3 nights. (Damned if I'm staying here, I should have left already.)
I'm trying to stay positive, but honestly, it's pretty hard.