Friday, August 31, 2012

Packing it all up

With my large, LL Bean white Mountain pack, it's really tempting to fill it up with some fun things. Like my pretty Steve Madden boots, cute dresses, and a lot of jewelry. Unfortunately, if I did that, I would probably break my back and the whole trip would be ruined. Luckily, going to Goggle and typing in, "what to pack on a world backpacking trip" find a lot of good sites. The first one was okay; it contained long lists of things for a basic trip and the "other stuff you might need." But when you tell me to pack 3 shirts and 4 pairs of underwear; that's not very helpful. Should I bring t-shirts, long sleeved shirts, running shirts, dress shirts, tight shirts, loose shirts, or tank tops? Seriously, I have all these shirts and trying to pick three seems silly to me. And 4 pairs of underwear? In less than a week all my panties will be dirty, and I'm gone for how long?

Needless to say, I left that site and moved on to another one.

The next one I checked out looked promising, it had categories of useful tips, some I knew, some I didn't. until I found the packing list... Which ended up being a check list, which didn't help me, since I would check everything off.

The third site I found was absolutely amazing.Travel independent.info Not only did it give me a comprehensive list to pack, but it also gave reasons as to why I would or would not need it. It was easy to navigate, there was no ads, and it had fun sketches. Needless to say, I know now that I will in fact need a dressier shirt, a long sleeved shirt, and a a week's worth of panties are fine since well, I can roll them up really small. So seriously, I need to pack. At least now I know what I am packing :) and check out their site!

http://www.travelindependent.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment